Skip to main content

7. The Timer's Set


He stood there still. He knew who it was, he never bothered to turn. "So you are the Ram who travelled all the way for his Sita ?" asked the cold low tone to Aadi with his right hand on his shoulder. This was the first time he was meeting this man but Aadi knew who he was and he guessed what he want. He never had the strength to speak back. He
was a lost man.
"You have a pretty strong arm my son, something which went into that river usually never comes back. You are not so tough as I heard" said the man in a mocking cold tone. "What do you want?" replied Aadi finally. "The question is not what I want, the question is what you want",continued the stranger. Aadi gulped and spoke "Your daughter".

John Varghese,a strong msn in his mid sixties, father to Poornima Varghese, he reached US way back in the 80s. Struggled hard to build what he has today. The only thing that he lost during this time was his Indian citizenship. Aadi never liked him, the only reason for that was he always considered him the villain of his story, Poornima always said so. "Even if I said I love you my father won't make this happen" she used to stress that a lot.


The thing is you cannot heavily relay on words from women, because you cannot decipher what they actually meant. Like, Aadi and Poornima used to speak a lot on phone. One conversion went like this.

Aadi: Do you really, like talking with me?
Poornima: Yea, why?
A: Nothing, just..! You like the poems I wrote to you?
P: I love them.
*Aadi blushes*
A: Will you miss me if i stop calling you.
P: Obviously, because we are talking daily, I'll miss you.
A: So, do you love me?
P: mmmmm..
A: What?
P: I'll never say that.


That's it, that's the thing. You can't know what she meant by that. She said "will never say that" that doesn't mean she don't love him but that also doesn't mean she loves him. See, that's the way women talk.


"Son, I don't have that hot boiling blood these days, it's a bit cold here. Let's go somewhere and sit, then we can continue our conversation." said Mr Varughese
Aadi too thought so. He realized that he should get some heat. He was standing there for quite some time now. He too was feeling the the winter of Chicago.

Aadi nodded to Mr Varughese. Mr Varughese led him to his car.

The car stopped by a chinese restaruent at Madison Street, "Panda Express" read Aadi. I love the shrimps they serve here said Mr Varughese. Let's have some.

"Do you think she loves you ?" asked Mr Varughese. The reply was a bright smile from Aadi. "I don't mind you marrying my daughter, but I want her to tell me that". Aadi looked confused. "I know you love her that much but what about her? Does she really love you. If she does, she will  find courage to speak this matter to me. I'll give you three months, and after that I will find someone else for her, a nice christian guy", Mr Varughese spoke in his usual calm voice.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Post Which I Wish No One Would See

I am pretty sure she remembered me on my birthday just like I remembered on hers. It's been a year exactly since we had broken up. But there had been not a single day without me remembering her. The best thing about love is that you tend to value it more once you lose it. It was not her fault, nor mine that we had to split, all the time that I had spent with her over the years, I had never thought that I would move away from her.  Even now, while thinking of her, while writing this piece of my mind in here, I can't control myself. Tears are rolling down my cheeks like it was just yesterday that I had to bid her adieu.  My world would never be the same without her, my life is never the same without her but I have to move out, I have to move away, I have to be the farthest from her so that I won't hurt her again. 

Can Anyone Explain What’s Wrong With Farm Bills in India?

  Can Anyone Explain What’s Wrong With Farm Bills in India? The Kerala government has called for a special session of their assembly to protest against the farm laws that were introduced in the parliament on December 31, 2020. It's quite unclear how the farm bill is even affecting Kerala, one of the major demands of the farmer’s protest in Delhi is to do away with the amendments in APMC laws. APMC’s doesn’t exist in Kerala.  Three Farm Bills were tabled in the Monsoon session of the parliament, Essential Commodities Act (Amendment) Bill, 2020, The Farmers' Produce Trade and Commerce (Promotion and Facilitation) Bill, 2020, Farmers (Empowerment & Protection) Agreement of Price Assurance and Farm Services Bill, 2020 Let’s look into each of them separately, Essential Commodities Act (Amendment) Bill, 2020 The essential commodities act was introduced in 1955 inorder to stop hoarding of essential commodities which would result in price rise of these commodities and which in turn

5. Bye Adi

Kempegowda International airport in Banglore is one of the busiest airports in South India. Majestic and beautiful like the city itself. Aadi slowly moved towards the check in counter for getting his boarding pass. He showed his tickets to the lady there, "Happy flight to Guwahati" said she and gave that orchestrated smile. You know how they smile. He reached Banglore from Kochi couple of hours back its a connection flight to Guwahati. Its his second trip to the city and he was all packed up to become an IITian. The Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs) are among the most difficult schools in the world to get into. The University of Oxford accepts one out of five applicants. IITs take in just one out of 50. So it is little wonder that for any Indian child with ambitions, getting into an IIT looks like the pinnacle of achievement. Aadi too dreamt of getting into an IIT. Its vibrance and diversity always attracted him, more than that he was attracted towards the public atti